In 1922, Harris pioneered in early childhood education by being the first school in the country to set up a kindergarten school. In 1968, it gained the distinction of being the first school to offer a course in Kindergarten leading to a government-recognized degree. In the following year, the curriculum was revised and updated for recognition by the Bureau of Private Schools. The name of the college was then changed to Harris Memorial College.
In 1969 and 1970, respectively, government-recognized degrees of Bachelor of Kindergarten Education and Bachelor of Arts major in Christian Education were conferred on graduates.
Since 1984, the Bachelor of Arts, major in Christian Education (ABCE), the Bachelor of Kindergarten Education (BKE) and the Early Childhood Education programs of the College have been accredited by the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP) through the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities – Accrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCU-AAI).
Harris is continually challenged to meet the pressing needs of the church and the country for quality and relevant education. In response, Harris expanded its program offerings. In 1992, the Bachelor of Arts in Church Music gained full recognition from the Department of Education, culture and Sports, now Department of Education, while the Bachelor of Elementary Education and Secondary Education were granted government permit to operate in 1993. In 1998, the two teacher education programs gained government recognition from the Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
Similarly, the Elementary department of Harris started to operate in 1994 and granted government recognition in 1999, while the High School department began in 2000 and gained government recognition in 2004.