HONORS DAY SPEECH
March 11, 2016
Empowered Witnesses for Christ
By Elen Joy P. Alata
Excellence is not one time big time event; it is a habit or lifestyle.
- We are called by the Lord to excel in everything we do.
Philippians 4:13 I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS M E.
- All dreams and endeavors start with a desire.
- WE should all desire God’s best for our lives.
- Desire may either be right or wrong.
- We are called to desire great and spiritual things for the Lord.
- Serving God and His people is a great thing and is a desire that pleases God.
- Our age should not limit us from desiring great things and endeavors.
- Let our hearts be always motivated by an intense desire to please God.
- If you have failed in the past, let God revive your desire to dream again.
- It is not too late to dream again. God brings us NEW things everyday.
- Desire is useless without one’s firm resolve or determination to pursue it.
- Ang taong may determinasyon ay mahirap pigilan at talunin.
- When we die to ourselves, He lives in us and enables us to face any challenge in us.
- The world needs people who are not only WILLING but ABLE to pursue their dreams.
- What separates successful from unsuccessful people is determination.
- Almost everyone has a dream, but not everyone is willing to pursue it.
- Determinationis the willingness to act on one’s dream. It also entails consistency and persistence.
- DRIVING FORCE
- The verse emphasizes that the Lord Jesus Christ is the best driving force.
- He is the way, the truth and the life. He is everything we need.
- Let our desire be to grow in our relationship with God daily.
- With Him, nothing is impossible.
- What sets Christian teachers apart from others? It is the Lord Jesus in us. He is all the difference we can make in this world and in the life of our students.
- If we rely on ourselves, we’ll run out of strength and motivation, but if we remain completely on Jesus, he will carry us through.