The Kindergarten of Harris Memorial College was established in 1924 by Mrs. Brigida Fernando who graduated from Columbia Teachers College, USA. The school became the laboratory for the students majoring in Kindergarten education. In 1946, the Kindergarten received government recognition and the teachers consequently were awarded a Junior Teachers Certificate. Twenty years later in 1968, the degree of Bachelor in Kindergarten Education was recognized by the Ministry of Education and Culture (now Department of Education).
In 1983, the Association of Christian Schools and Colleges designated Harris Memorial College as the center for Early Childhood Education. In September 1985, the National Historical Society officially recognized Harris as the pioneer school in Kindergarten Education in the Philippines.